You know, I have NEVER understood HATERATION!! Term it however you want…drinking HATERADE, being a HATER, etc. Whatever you call it, it has never made any sense to me. Hating on people is about as productive as trying to count snowflakes as they fall to the ground. IT IS FUTILE. So why hate? Why do people hate? I have a few theories of my own.
- People hate because they feel that you don't deserve what you have. What a stupid thing to do. How dare anyone stand in judgment of people and try to quantify the blessings that God has given them and self-righteously say "they have too much"??? People do this all of the time. When I bought my house, I had people ask me, why do you have so many bedrooms? BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I WANTED AND GOD BLESSED ME WITH? Have you ever had anyone say to you that you don't need all that? I know you have. That is a sure sign of a hater.
- People hate because they don't think they can achieve at the level that you have. That is crazy to me. We have the capacity to do all that we want to do in life. The question is…ARE YOU WILLING TO DO ALL THAT IT TAKES TO GET IT? Most people aren't. They say the grass is greener on the other side…do you know why? It is because of all of the fertilizer that was put on the grass. TRANSLATION: You don't know all of the shit I had to go through to get to where I am. Nobody knows what people actually go through to achieve the things they have achieved. Haters think that it just came easy. Haters are WRONG!
- People hate because secretly they struggle with themselves and their esteem. Let's be real. There are a lot of people out there who just feel crappy about themselves and because of it, they treat others like garbage. How sad, but true. Because they feel so bad about themselves, they see everyone else as inferior or threats to their happiness. All hating does is BREED DEEPER INSECURITY. If you are constantly comparing yourself to other people, when will you ever see the good in you? How can you feel good about yourself when you are always comparing yourself to some standard that is irrational and unreasonable?
- People hate because they want to be top dog. People hate on others that they feel have more than they do. They can't and aren't content with what they have…they want to have more and better things than everyone else. If you have a 50 inch LCD TV, they have to get a 55 inch LED. Once they get it they are fine….UNTIL they overhear that one of their friends has a 60 inch 3D LED. This creates a vicious cycle. They will never be satisfied with anything because the reality is people will have things that you don't. Guess what? That is OKAY!
- People hate because they like it. Isn't that a sad fact?? Don't we all know people that thrive off of drama? Don't we all know people that stir up controversy all of the time? These are PROFESSIONAL HATERS. They have mastered the art of hating. They could write a book on how to hate and hate successfully. When you recognize those people, your best bet is to steer clear of them at all costs. HATE IS CONTAGIOUS. Think about your life. How many times have you been "talked into" not liking someone that you had absolutely no problem with, but your friend did? What did you gain (besides a headache) by doing that? I have PRO GRADE HATERS in my life right now. They don't hate on me, but I see them hate on other people. It's ridiculous.
I would love for you to comment on this subject in the comments section. Please share some of your insights about hate and hating. We want to hear what you have to say.
Until next time.
Sharpen your Edge and your life will never be Dull!
The Sharp One